Have a couple bananas that are a bit past their prime?
Why not do what people have been doing for years–make banana bread from them! And, why not combine them with apples and nuts for a truly fantastic bread that can be enjoyed everyday!
We put a vegan twist on this classic recipe, which is so packed with flavor and satisfying moist-meets-crunch texture that your family may be hard-pressed to not eat the entire loaf in one sitting.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 apple (try using honeycrisp or granny smith for a tangy bite!)
- 1/2 cup sweetener (we used allulose, but honey, xylitol, & stevia are great options!)
- 1 & 3/4 cup flour (can be substituted with most low-carb or gluten-free flours)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped walnuts nuts
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel & dice your apple (and snack on the remaining half!).
- In a mixing bowl, mash your peeled bananas. Add the rest of your ingredients (minus the nuts) and stir to mix well.
- Spray your loaf pan (a 9 inch pan should be perfect) and pour in your mixture. Sprinkle the top with your chopped nuts.
- Pop in the oven for 50 minutes. Test to make sure it's completely cooked by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out dry, you're all set! If not, keep it in the oven for another 5 minutes or so.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
PipingRock Empowering Your Health Journey