For thousands of years, aromatherapy has been used for its physical, emotional and spiritual wellness benefits–but just what is it and how does it work?
As the name suggests, the practice of aromatherapy focuses on the significance of the human sense of smell and its relationship with our emotions. It derives from the ancient practice of utilizing natural plant sources such as flowers, leaves and roots . Today, these plant sources are available as aromatic essential oils. The basis of aromatherapy stems from the fragrances of these essential oils.
Those who regularly participate in aromatherapy may find, among many other effects: motivation of the mind, invigoration of the body, and rejuvenation of the spirit… and, in the grand scheme of things, these can be much needed!
The secret behind gaining optimal benefits from aromatherapy lies in the essential oils. By using precise and time-tried methods of extraction and single distillation, Piping Rock’s collection of essential oils are 100% all-natural and (with the exception of a few products that are labeled as “blended”) are available in their purest form, ensuring that you’re getting the top-quality.
How can I jump-start my Aromatherapy routine?
It’s simple! To help you get started, here are our 5 favorite essential oils we believe are perfect for beginners:
- Tea Tree Oil: this well-known scent has a tendency to be remarkably revitalizing, yet wholly soothing.
- Eucalyptus Oil: the cool, invigorating scent of eucalyptus has been revered for its respiratory benefits.
- Lavender Oil: easily one of the most popular essential oils, lavender oil is extracted from the lovely bright purple blossom of the plant. Its floral scent encourages calmness and clarity.
- Peppermint Oil: Its strong minty aroma is very evident, even upon gently brushing the plant, and its fragrance has a sweet note, along with a hint of pepper, as its name implies. It’s scent is Refershing, relaxing and stimulating.
- Sandalwood Oil: described by many as a warm, sweet-smelling oil, sandalwood oil promotes wholesome serenity,
In our experience, the best way to begin improving your quality of life with aromatherapy is to start at the basics! Try mixing oils with warm water in a spray bottle for an aromatic air spritzer. Combine with a carrier oil to create your own unique massage oil. Add them to a diffuser or (de)humidifier for a slow, steady release. Instantly fill a room with the scent by combining a few drops of oil and near-boiling water in a bowl—or, similarly, add a few drops to your hot bath water for a home spa experience!